- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Man Utd transfers: Cesc Fàbregas is not for sale, insist Barcelona
Man Utd transfers: Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartomeu insists that Cesc Fàbregas is not for sale this summer
Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartomeu has warned Manchester United that Cesc Fàbregas is not for sale.
The 26-year-old playmaker has been heavily linked with transfer to Old Trafford in recent days and United boss David Moyes said on Friday that he is hoping for “good news” over their pursuit of the midfielder in the next few days.
But Bartomeu has categorically ruled out the possibility of Fàbregas returning to the Premier League by insisting that he will be staying at Camp Nou beyond the summer.
“Barcelona can assure you that we will not entertain any offers for Cesc,” Bartomeu told Sport. “It is totally ruled out, he’s not for sale.”
The Premier League champions are understood to have had a bid of around £26m turned down by the La Liga club this week.
“I’m in contact with the executive vice chairman [Ed Woodward], who has been dealing with it just now,” said Moyes.
“I’ll hopefully know a little more in the next day or so. It’s the middle of the night back in England right now so I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it’s going.”
Fàbregas has scored 29 goals and made 32 assists in 96 appearances for Barcelona after completing a £35m move to Camp Nou in 2011.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck