- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Man Utd transfers: Moyes gives update on Fàbregas pursuit
Man Utd transfers: David Moyes is hoping to give fans some "good news" about the club's pursuit of Cesc Fàbregas in the next few days
David Moyes is hoping to give Manchester United fans some “good news” about the club’s pursuit of Cesc Fàbregas in the next few days.
The Red Devils are keen to bring the 26-year-old Barcelona playmaker to Old Trafford and have lodged a bid in the region of £26m for the midfielder.
The offer is understood to have been rejected by the La Liga champions, but executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has left United’s pre-season tour to continue negotiations.
And when asked if he had received any official contact back from Barcelona, Moyes told a news conference: “I couldn’t tell you exactly.
“I’m in contact with the executive vice chairman [Woodward], who has been dealing with it just now.
“I’ll hopefully know a little more in the next day or so. It’s the middle of the night back in England right now so I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it’s going.
“We’re trying very hard to make some additions to the squad and hopefully there’ll be some good news in the not too distant future.”
“There have been offers for him from other clubs, but I spoke with Cesc and he told me that he was still determined to stay here and be successful, so I’m not worried,” said Vilanova.
“He doesn’t want to go to other teams for money reasons or playing time. He knows there is competition for places here, but his decision is to stay. I am relaxed about the situation.
“It is a good sign that the club gets offers for our players. It shows we have players other teams want. But Fàbregas wants to stay.”
Fàbregas has scored 29 goals and made 32 assists in 96 appearances for Barcelona after completing a £35m move to Camp Nou from Arsenal back in August 2011.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Arsenal trio set to miss league opener
- Wenger: I couldn't play Ramsey at The Emirates
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream