- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Man Utd transfers: Martínez wants Fellaini to carry on at Everton
Man Utd transfers: Everton's Roberto Martínez says he hopes Marouane Fellaini continues to be a "massive influence" at the club
Roberto Martínez says he hopes Marouane Fellaini can be a “massive influence” at Everton next season amid interest from Arsenal and Manchester United.
The Everton manager, who was appointed as David Moyes’ successor in May, wants to keep his Belgium international after Fellaini scored 11 top-flight goals last term.
Arsenal and the Red Devils have been linked with a £23m bid, but Martínez urged the giant midfielder to stick with the Toffees beyond the summer.
“Marouane is an international footballer and he’s going to be involved, if all goes well, in a World Cup next year,” Martínez told Everton’s website.
“He’s had a fantastic impact in the Premier League and hopefully now is the time he can carry on showing his massive influence in the game for us.
“He’s still a very young man but I am really looking forward to seeing Marouane working hard and making sure that he sets really good standards at this club. We have a very good group of senior players in our dressing room, and some players need that extra bit of responsibility.
“We have youngsters at the club and they need to get opportunities but the senior players at the club are massively important to start the season as strong as we can be.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Özil is not getting enough praise, says Wenger
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me
- Back Man City & four more to win at 10/1!
- PHOTOS: Man Utd gear up for Burnley trip