- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
Steven Gerrard ‘pleased’ with Liverpool’s opening fixtures
Steven Gerrard says he is "reasonably pleased" with the opening fixtures Liverpool have been handed for the 2013-14 season
Steven Gerrard says he is “reasonably pleased” with the opening fixtures Liverpool have been handed for the 2013-14 season.
Liverpool face only one team (United) that finished above them last season in their opening nine games – and Gerrard believes that the Reds can make a solid start to the season thanks to their opening fixtures.
“It [Liverpool's opening fixture list] could have been an awful lot trickier,” Gerrard, 33, told LFC TV.
“We’ve got to be reasonably pleased with the start we’ve got but every game in the Premier League is tough.
“You need to turn up and perform. I look at the fixtures all the time but the most important thing is to not get too carried away and look at that first game.
“We need to get off to a good start in terms of being positive for that first home game.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas