- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Steven Gerrard ‘pleased’ with Liverpool’s opening fixtures
Steven Gerrard says he is "reasonably pleased" with the opening fixtures Liverpool have been handed for the 2013-14 season
Steven Gerrard says he is “reasonably pleased” with the opening fixtures Liverpool have been handed for the 2013-14 season.
Liverpool face only one team (United) that finished above them last season in their opening nine games – and Gerrard believes that the Reds can make a solid start to the season thanks to their opening fixtures.
“It [Liverpool's opening fixture list] could have been an awful lot trickier,” Gerrard, 33, told LFC TV.
“We’ve got to be reasonably pleased with the start we’ve got but every game in the Premier League is tough.
“You need to turn up and perform. I look at the fixtures all the time but the most important thing is to not get too carried away and look at that first game.
“We need to get off to a good start in terms of being positive for that first home game.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Premier League winners and losers: Welbeck & more
- Ferdinand: Man Utd can still attract top players
- Twitter reacts after Falcao joins Man Utd
- Twitter reacts after Welbeck joins Arsenal
- Big wins for Aberdeen and Dundee