- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Steven Gerrard ‘pleased’ with Liverpool’s opening fixtures
Steven Gerrard says he is "reasonably pleased" with the opening fixtures Liverpool have been handed for the 2013-14 season
Steven Gerrard says he is “reasonably pleased” with the opening fixtures Liverpool have been handed for the 2013-14 season.
Liverpool face only one team (United) that finished above them last season in their opening nine games – and Gerrard believes that the Reds can make a solid start to the season thanks to their opening fixtures.
“It [Liverpool's opening fixture list] could have been an awful lot trickier,” Gerrard, 33, told LFC TV.
“We’ve got to be reasonably pleased with the start we’ve got but every game in the Premier League is tough.
“You need to turn up and perform. I look at the fixtures all the time but the most important thing is to not get too carried away and look at that first game.
“We need to get off to a good start in terms of being positive for that first home game.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side
- Pochettino: Lamela is unbelievable
- Costa hails 'outstanding' Chelsea squad
- PHOTOS: Arsenal jet off to New York