- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
Steven Gerrard ‘pleased’ with Liverpool’s opening fixtures
Steven Gerrard says he is "reasonably pleased" with the opening fixtures Liverpool have been handed for the 2013-14 season
Steven Gerrard says he is “reasonably pleased” with the opening fixtures Liverpool have been handed for the 2013-14 season.
Liverpool face only one team (United) that finished above them last season in their opening nine games – and Gerrard believes that the Reds can make a solid start to the season thanks to their opening fixtures.
“It [Liverpool's opening fixture list] could have been an awful lot trickier,” Gerrard, 33, told LFC TV.
“We’ve got to be reasonably pleased with the start we’ve got but every game in the Premier League is tough.
“You need to turn up and perform. I look at the fixtures all the time but the most important thing is to not get too carried away and look at that first game.
“We need to get off to a good start in terms of being positive for that first home game.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip
- Van Gaal: Now I'm the devil of Manchester
- Giles: I wouldn't sign Balotelli for free