- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Tottenham transfers: André Villas-Boas wants ‘further additions’
André Villas-Boas insists that he is keen to further strengthen his Tottenham squad ahead of the new season
André Villas-Boas has insisted that he is working to further strengthen his Tottenham squad ahead of the new season.
The north London club have so far only signed Brazil international Paulinho, who joined Spurs from Corinthians earlier this month.
Tottenham, who saw long-term target Christian Benteke commit his immediate future to Aston Villa on Friday, have been linked with the likes of Atlético Mineiro winger Bernard and Spanish youngster Alvaro Vadillo in recent days.
And Villas-Boas has moved to reassure Spurs fans that he is working to bolster his squad as he looks to guide Tottenham back into the Champions League.
“[Transfer speculation] is not irritating, I think it’s part of when the market opens. It’s normal that there is speculation everywhere,” said Villas-Boas
“To be fair the English clubs, compared to the European clubs, are probably the ones who haven’t moved as much as they wanted or should.
“At the moment we have the signing of one great international player, which everybody saw in the Confederations Cup so we are happy but our market hasn’t stopped and we will continue to further strengthen the squad.”
The Portuguese coach also moved to emphatically end the speculation surround Gareth Bale’s future by insisting that the PFA player of the year is not for sale.
“He’s not for sale at any price,” said Villas-Boas, who also confirmed that there had not been any official offers for Bale. “We haven’t had any conversations.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Arsenal trio set to miss league opener
- Wenger: I couldn't play Ramsey at The Emirates
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream