- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Brendan Rodgers needs to sign striker to win the title’
Tottenham transfers: Besiktas launch ‘serious’ Emmanuel Adebayor bid
Tottenham transfers: Besiktas confirm their interest in signing Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor this summer
Besiktas have launched a “serious bid” for Tottenham Hotspur striker Emmanuel Adebayor, according to the Turkish club’s director Ahmet Piper.
The Togo international was largely unimpressive for Spurs last season despite a late flurry of goals after joining Tottenham on a permanent deal from Manchester City in August.
André Villas-Boas has been linked with a host of striker already this summer as the Tottenham manager looks to bolster his attacking options at the north London club.
And Besiktas chief Piper admitted Adebayor would be a “dream” signing for the Turkish club but hinted any deal for the African would be protracted.
“It is certainly true that we are looking at the idea of a transfer. We have made a serious bid for Adebayor,” Piper told Fanatik.
“That, in turn, has given us a figure for the player, which is slightly above the amount that we imagined.
“However, making a signing as big as this immediately is nothing but a dream.
“Negotiations always take a long time. I hope that we will get a chance to have a meeting soon.”
Adebayor scored five goals in 18 Premier League starts for Tottenham last season.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Wenger plays down chances of more signings
- Besiktas 0 Arsenal 0: Three talking points
- Carragher: Chambers looks like top defender
- Wenger fumes over Ramsey red card as Arsenal held