- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd monitor Di Maria, Arsenal chase Costa
Man Utd’s Wayne Rooney hungry for more titles, says Tom Cleverley
Manchester United's Tom Cleverley says Wayne Rooney - as well as Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs - are hungry for more titles
Tom Cleverley says Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney – as well as Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs – are “hungry” to win more titles.
The Red Devils legends have tasted plenty of success at the 20-time English champions, who won the Premier League title at a canter last term.
Rooney has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford this summer, with Chelsea reported to have submitted a £20m bid for the England international.
But Cleverley revealed that Rooney – along with other established members of the United squad – are still desperate to win more trophies.
“The desire from Giggsy, Rio, Scholesy, Wazza… they’ve all won a number of titles and they’re still so hungry to win more,” Cleverley told United’s website.
“We follow on from that – it passes down to us and we want to be here in 10 years saying we’ve got six, seven or eight medals. You’re brought up like that at this club.
“We did really well last year. We didn’t just win it; we won it in style after the previous year, which really hurt us. We want to retain the title now. That victory parade was incredible and it makes us want to win more and more.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Lovren can't wait to link up with Liverpool squad
- Rodgers: Lovren an important Liverpool signing
- Liverpool complete £20m Lovren signing
- Arsenal target Griezmann set to join Atletico