- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Man Utd’s Wayne Rooney hungry for more titles, says Tom Cleverley
Manchester United's Tom Cleverley says Wayne Rooney - as well as Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs - are hungry for more titles
Tom Cleverley says Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney – as well as Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs – are “hungry” to win more titles.
The Red Devils legends have tasted plenty of success at the 20-time English champions, who won the Premier League title at a canter last term.
Rooney has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford this summer, with Chelsea reported to have submitted a £20m bid for the England international.
But Cleverley revealed that Rooney – along with other established members of the United squad – are still desperate to win more trophies.
“The desire from Giggsy, Rio, Scholesy, Wazza… they’ve all won a number of titles and they’re still so hungry to win more,” Cleverley told United’s website.
“We follow on from that – it passes down to us and we want to be here in 10 years saying we’ve got six, seven or eight medals. You’re brought up like that at this club.
“We did really well last year. We didn’t just win it; we won it in style after the previous year, which really hurt us. We want to retain the title now. That victory parade was incredible and it makes us want to win more and more.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place
- Rooney thrilled by Falcao arrival
- Özil marks anniversary of Arsenal move
- Kagawa and Liverpool legend seal German moves