- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
Man Utd’s Wayne Rooney hungry for more titles, says Tom Cleverley
Manchester United's Tom Cleverley says Wayne Rooney - as well as Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs - are hungry for more titles
Tom Cleverley says Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney – as well as Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs – are “hungry” to win more titles.
The Red Devils legends have tasted plenty of success at the 20-time English champions, who won the Premier League title at a canter last term.
Rooney has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford this summer, with Chelsea reported to have submitted a £20m bid for the England international.
But Cleverley revealed that Rooney – along with other established members of the United squad – are still desperate to win more trophies.
“The desire from Giggsy, Rio, Scholesy, Wazza… they’ve all won a number of titles and they’re still so hungry to win more,” Cleverley told United’s website.
“We follow on from that – it passes down to us and we want to be here in 10 years saying we’ve got six, seven or eight medals. You’re brought up like that at this club.
“We did really well last year. We didn’t just win it; we won it in style after the previous year, which really hurt us. We want to retain the title now. That victory parade was incredible and it makes us want to win more and more.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wenger: Sanchez has qualities Arsenal lack
- Henry talks up 'quality' Zelalem
- Rodgers delighted by imminent Gerrard deal
- No bids on players, insists QPR owner
- 'West Ham will have to sign cover for Carroll'