- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Man Utd’s Louis van Gaal needs to show respect, blasts Liverpool legend
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Tottenham give latest injury update ahead of Liverpool clash
- Photos: Sánchez all smiles as Arsenal gear up for Leicester trip
West Ham United’s Mark Noble makes history at Olympic Stadium
Mark Noble has made history by becoming the first West Ham United player to kick a football in the Olympic Stadium
Mark Noble has made history by becoming the first West Ham United player to kick a football in the Olympic Stadium as part of a new video set in the iconic landmark that will become the east London club’s home in 2016.
In the video, Noble documents his two-mile journey from his home town of Canning Town to the world-famous stadium in Stratford and recalls his childhood memories of supporting the club.
The Academy graduate and former Hammer of the Year also discusses both the fantastic transport network and surrounding entertainment facilities on offer near the Queen Elizabeth Park that Hammers fans will be able to enjoy when watching their team play.
Once inside the Stadium – which will undergo a transformation to a 54,000 all-seat Uefa Category 4 venue, the highest category of football stadium in the world – Noble steps up to take the first-ever penalty in the Hammers’ stunning new home.
“It’s a privilege to be the first West Ham player to kick a football inside the Olympic Stadium and as a lifelong West Ham fan it was great fun to film the video,” said Noble.
“Hopefully I will be one of those players walking out of the tunnel soaking in the atmosphere, with 54,000 West Ham flags and banners waving. The noise is going to be amazing and it’s going to be a fantastic stadium to play in. 2016 just can’t come quick enough.”
To view the video, click here.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Three Liverpool legends meet at Bayern clash
- Twitter reacts as Chelsea beat Everton
- Everton 3 Chelsea 6: Player ratings
- Fazio available to face Liverpool
- Wilshere ready for 'tough' Leicester game