- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
Arsenal transfers: Ball in Gunners’ court over Cabaye, says Kinnear
Arsenal transfers: Newcastle director of football Joe Kinnear says the ball is in the Gunners' court over Yohan Cabaye's future
Joe Kinnear says the ball in Arsenal’s court over the future of Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye.
The Gunners had a bid rejected for the France international by the Magpies last week and the north London side are yet to submit an improved offer.
And director of football Kinnear revealed Newcastle have informed Arsenal of their terms and are waiting for the Gunners to make their next move.
“We’ve told Arsenal our terms,” Kinnear told the Daily Mirror. “The ball is in their court.”
Pardew admitted he is desperate for Cabaye’s future to be resolved following Newcastle’s goalless draw with West Ham on Saturday.
“The situation’s quite simple, really. We need to resolve this and get ourselves in a position where if he stays – great – and if he doesn’t, then we get someone equally as good,” said Pardew.
“That is probably where we’re at, and I don’t really want to say any more than that.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke
- Redknapp: Borini's wage demands prevented deal
- Lamela wishes Sandro 'all the best' at QPR
- Özil backs Welbeck to net plenty of Arsenal goals
- Welbeck to wear number 23 shirt for Arsenal