- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Arsenal transfers: Gunners ‘need to pay asking price’ for Alderweireld
Arsenal transfers: Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars says Gunners would "need to pay the asking price" for Toby Alderweireld
Marc Overmars says Arsenal would need to pay the asking price for Toby Alderweireld if Ajax were to sell the centre-half this summer.
The Belgium international has also been the subject of a bid from Copa del Rey winners Atlético Madrid but the Eredivisie champions rejected the Spanish side’s offer.
“We have rejected the offer from Atlético Madrid for Toby Alderweireld,” said Overmars.
“We were contacted this weekend but it was not considered sufficient for a player of the national team of Belgium.”
When questioned about Arsenal’s reported interest in the 24-year-old, Overmars warned the Gunners that Alderweirweld will only be sold if his asking price is met.
The former Arsenal winger added: “They would need to pay the asking price, if we were to let one of our players go.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future