- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
Arsenal transfers: Gunners ‘need to pay asking price’ for Alderweireld
Arsenal transfers: Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars says Gunners would "need to pay the asking price" for Toby Alderweireld
Marc Overmars says Arsenal would need to pay the asking price for Toby Alderweireld if Ajax were to sell the centre-half this summer.
The Belgium international has also been the subject of a bid from Copa del Rey winners Atlético Madrid but the Eredivisie champions rejected the Spanish side’s offer.
“We have rejected the offer from Atlético Madrid for Toby Alderweireld,” said Overmars.
“We were contacted this weekend but it was not considered sufficient for a player of the national team of Belgium.”
When questioned about Arsenal’s reported interest in the 24-year-old, Overmars warned the Gunners that Alderweirweld will only be sold if his asking price is met.
The former Arsenal winger added: “They would need to pay the asking price, if we were to let one of our players go.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas