- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Wenger: Liverpool and Tottenham can challenge for the title this season
Arsène Wenger says both Liverpool and Tottenham must be considered among the six teams capable of winning the title
Arsène Wenger believes both Liverpool and Tottenham must be considered among six teams capable of winning this season’s Premier League title.
Arsenal’s north London rivals Spurs finished just a point behind Wenger’s men last term, with Liverpool ending up in seventh after Brendan Rodgers’ first campaign in charge.
“Six [teams could win the title],” Wenger said. “Liverpool [could challenge] and Tottenham, who were just one point behind us last year. They made 72 points.
“You have to consider all the teams that made over 70 points last year have a chance. That’s a benchmark for me – 70 points.
“If you make 70 points, it means that there is not a lot of difference between you and the [team that finishes] first.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck