- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Red Devils only need two new top players’
- Man Utd transfers: Thomas Müller confirms Red Devils snub
- ‘Mesut Özil is a better long-term Arsenal signing than Alexis Sánchez’
Wenger: Liverpool and Tottenham can challenge for the title this season
Arsène Wenger says both Liverpool and Tottenham must be considered among the six teams capable of winning the title
Arsène Wenger believes both Liverpool and Tottenham must be considered among six teams capable of winning this season’s Premier League title.
Arsenal’s north London rivals Spurs finished just a point behind Wenger’s men last term, with Liverpool ending up in seventh after Brendan Rodgers’ first campaign in charge.
“Six [teams could win the title],” Wenger said. “Liverpool [could challenge] and Tottenham, who were just one point behind us last year. They made 72 points.
“You have to consider all the teams that made over 70 points last year have a chance. That’s a benchmark for me – 70 points.
“If you make 70 points, it means that there is not a lot of difference between you and the [team that finishes] first.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ox: Arsenal spirit beginning to show
- Van Gaal hails 'very talented' Rojo
- Moreno: Leaving Sevilla was 'painful'
- Rojo ready for 'big step forward' in career
- Liverpool suffer Bakkali setback