- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry talks up ‘quality’ Gedion Zelalem
- Brendan Rodgers likens Philippe Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger confirms David Ospina signing
- Liverpool deliver latest Adam Lallana injury update
Wenger: Liverpool and Tottenham can challenge for the title this season
Arsène Wenger says both Liverpool and Tottenham must be considered among the six teams capable of winning the title
Arsène Wenger believes both Liverpool and Tottenham must be considered among six teams capable of winning this season’s Premier League title.
Arsenal’s north London rivals Spurs finished just a point behind Wenger’s men last term, with Liverpool ending up in seventh after Brendan Rodgers’ first campaign in charge.
“Six [teams could win the title],” Wenger said. “Liverpool [could challenge] and Tottenham, who were just one point behind us last year. They made 72 points.
“You have to consider all the teams that made over 70 points last year have a chance. That’s a benchmark for me – 70 points.
“If you make 70 points, it means that there is not a lot of difference between you and the [team that finishes] first.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mata: Van Gaal is demanding but honest
- 'Campbell wanted by AC Milan'
- Mourinho: Costa is afraid of nothing
- Photos: Man Utd squad attempt to impress Van Gaal
- Van Gaal wants to assess Strootman