- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Wenger: Liverpool and Tottenham can challenge for the title this season
Arsène Wenger says both Liverpool and Tottenham must be considered among the six teams capable of winning the title
Arsène Wenger believes both Liverpool and Tottenham must be considered among six teams capable of winning this season’s Premier League title.
Arsenal’s north London rivals Spurs finished just a point behind Wenger’s men last term, with Liverpool ending up in seventh after Brendan Rodgers’ first campaign in charge.
“Six [teams could win the title],” Wenger said. “Liverpool [could challenge] and Tottenham, who were just one point behind us last year. They made 72 points.
“You have to consider all the teams that made over 70 points last year have a chance. That’s a benchmark for me – 70 points.
“If you make 70 points, it means that there is not a lot of difference between you and the [team that finishes] first.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard: My worst three months
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi