- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd monitor Di Maria, Arsenal chase Costa
Chelsea transfers: José Mourinho delighted by Samuel Eto’o reports
Chelsea transfers: José Mourinho reveals his delight at seeing Samuel Eto'o linked with a move to Stamford Bridge
José Mourinho has revealed his delight at seeing Samuel Eto’o linked with a move to Chelsea but insists he will have to “see what happens” about a potential move for the forward.
The Cameroon striker, who played under Mourinho during the Portuguese coach’s reign at Inter Milan, this week talked up the chances of a possible switch to Stamford Bridge by admitting he would love to work under his former manager again.
Eto’o joined Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala in 2011 but has been linked with a move away from the club in recent weeks.
And Mourinho was thrilled to hear that the 32-year-old would be keen to link up with him again.
“I am always happy that somebody that worked with me previously is happy to be back and work with me again,” Mourinho told BT Sport.
“That is a good feeling that I have, when I read something that Samuel is keen.
“It is fantastic for us, but we are going to see what happens.”
Speaking earlier this week, Eto’o said: “Chelsea are a great team, and when we have all the offers on the table I will discuss with my agent and see what the next step is.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Lovren can't wait to link up with Liverpool squad
- Rodgers: Lovren an important Liverpool signing
- Liverpool complete £20m Lovren signing
- Arsenal target Griezmann set to join Atletico