- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
John Aldridge tips Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge for golden boot
Former Liverpool striker John Aldridge believes Daniel Sturridge could be a contender for the golden boot this season
John Aldridge says Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge can be a contender for the golden boot if the striker can continue his clinical form.
And Aldridge, who scored 330 goals in England during his career, hopes Sturridge can continue his prolific form throughout the campaign.
“Daniel Sturridge led the line well and his strike rate for us is excellent,” Aldridge told the Daily Post.
“He could be a contender for the golden boot this season.
“With all the creativity we have in the team he’s going to get a lot of chances and we just need him to be clinical.
“It was always going to take something special to beat Stoke keeper Asmir Begovic and Sturridge produced it.”
Aldridge was also impressed with Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho after the Brazilian produced six clearcut chances for his team-mates against the
“Philippe Coutinho did what we know he’s so good at as he kept unlocking their defence. They tried to rough him up but he stood up to them.
“Jordan Henderson could have had two or three goals but it was good to see him getting in there, while Iago Aspas showed some neat touches. The Spaniard will know now what this league is all about.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck