- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
John Aldridge tips Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge for golden boot
Former Liverpool striker John Aldridge believes Daniel Sturridge could be a contender for the golden boot this season
John Aldridge says Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge can be a contender for the golden boot if the striker can continue his clinical form.
And Aldridge, who scored 330 goals in England during his career, hopes Sturridge can continue his prolific form throughout the campaign.
“Daniel Sturridge led the line well and his strike rate for us is excellent,” Aldridge told the Daily Post.
“He could be a contender for the golden boot this season.
“With all the creativity we have in the team he’s going to get a lot of chances and we just need him to be clinical.
“It was always going to take something special to beat Stoke keeper Asmir Begovic and Sturridge produced it.”
Aldridge was also impressed with Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho after the Brazilian produced six clearcut chances for his team-mates against the
“Philippe Coutinho did what we know he’s so good at as he kept unlocking their defence. They tried to rough him up but he stood up to them.
“Jordan Henderson could have had two or three goals but it was good to see him getting in there, while Iago Aspas showed some neat touches. The Spaniard will know now what this league is all about.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ox: Arsenal spirit beginning to show
- Van Gaal hails 'very talented' Rojo
- Moreno: Leaving Sevilla was 'painful'
- Rojo ready for 'big step forward' in career
- Liverpool suffer Bakkali setback