- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
Liverpool fans will forgive Luis Suárez if he stays, claims Paul Ince
Paul Ince believes Liverpool fans are ready to forgive Luis Suárez for his conduct this summer is he stays at Anfield
Paul Ince believes Liverpool fans are ready to forgive Luis Suárez for his conduct this summer if he ends up staying at Anfield.
The 26-year-old’s future has been a constant source of speculation this summer after the Uruguay international publicly stated his desire to leave Liverpool for a club in the Champions League.
The Reds have been firm in their stance that the striker is not for sale and have rejected two bids for Suárez from Arsenal.
And ex-Liverpool midfielder Ince believes that the Anfield faithful will soon be ready to welcome him back to the first-team with open arms – as long as he delivers on the pitch.
“It hasn’t been great with everything that has happened over the summer, but one thing about Liverpool fans is that they are forgiving,” Ince told talkSPORT.
“All they want to see is Suárez back, and when he’s back on the pitch and scoring goals none of what has gone on will matter.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke
- Redknapp: Borini's wage demands prevented deal
- Lamela wishes Sandro 'all the best' at QPR
- Özil backs Welbeck to net plenty of Arsenal goals
- Welbeck to wear number 23 shirt for Arsenal