- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Liverpool must continue end of season form, says Jordan Henderson
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson urges the Reds to continue their end of season form in the current campaign
Jordan Henderson says Liverpool need to continue their form at the end of last season in the current Premier League campaign.
The Reds were 1-0 winners against Stoke City at Anfield on Saturday in their opening game of the new season, extending the club’s unbeaten run to nine top-flight games.
Brendan Rodgers’ men are aiming to secure a top-four finish this term, and Henderson wants the Merseyside outfit to continue their excellent league form in the coming weeks.
“It is always nice to play. We are a squad and I know there will be times when other people come in. I just have to keep fighting for my place and hopefully stay in the team,” Henderson told Liverpool’s website.
“It was a good start for us and I think we played quite well at times. We had a lot of chances and we probably should have put it to bed a lot earlier but it wasn’t to be.
“The most important thing is to win your first game of the season and that is what we did. We ended last season quite strongly and we have picked up where we left off.
“Hopefully we can build on it. We want to kick on and do well against Aston Villa next weekend.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea
- Twitter reacts as Everton sign Lukaku
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria