- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal coy on Javier Hernandez future
- Arsenal transfers: Serge Aurier confirms Gunners approach
Liverpool must continue end of season form, says Jordan Henderson
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson urges the Reds to continue their end of season form in the current campaign
Jordan Henderson says Liverpool need to continue their form at the end of last season in the current Premier League campaign.
The Reds were 1-0 winners against Stoke City at Anfield on Saturday in their opening game of the new season, extending the club’s unbeaten run to nine top-flight games.
Brendan Rodgers’ men are aiming to secure a top-four finish this term, and Henderson wants the Merseyside outfit to continue their excellent league form in the coming weeks.
“It is always nice to play. We are a squad and I know there will be times when other people come in. I just have to keep fighting for my place and hopefully stay in the team,” Henderson told Liverpool’s website.
“It was a good start for us and I think we played quite well at times. We had a lot of chances and we probably should have put it to bed a lot earlier but it wasn’t to be.
“The most important thing is to win your first game of the season and that is what we did. We ended last season quite strongly and we have picked up where we left off.
“Hopefully we can build on it. We want to kick on and do well against Aston Villa next weekend.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Podolski urges Khedira to join Arsenal
- Vidal 'will join Man Utd next month'
- Aurier confirms Arsenal approach
- Cavani won't rule out PSG exit
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea