- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet has great potential, says David James
Former Liverpool goalkeeper David James believes current Reds shot stopper Simon Mignolet has "great potential"
David James believes Liverpool’s new goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has “great potential”.
Liverpool’s long-term first-choice shot stopper Pepe Reina was sent on a season-long loan to Napoli after Rodgers signed 25-year-old Mignolet in a £9m deal from Sunderland earlier in the transfer window.
And former Reds goalkeeper James has been impressed by Mignolet and expects the Belgian to shine at Anfield.
“I’m impressed with him [Mignolet],” James told Liverpool’s website. “He had a very good year with Sunderland last year – he was player of the year there last season.
“I’ve always thought Pepe Reina was a top drawer goalkeeper. For whatever reason he wasn’t performing at his very best in the last couple of years and it’s a statement to replace that position.
“Simon is on the up, he’s a young man and has great potential.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Arsenal trio set to miss league opener
- Wenger: I couldn't play Ramsey at The Emirates
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream