- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet has great potential, says David James
Former Liverpool goalkeeper David James believes current Reds shot stopper Simon Mignolet has "great potential"
David James believes Liverpool’s new goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has “great potential”.
Liverpool’s long-term first-choice shot stopper Pepe Reina was sent on a season-long loan to Napoli after Rodgers signed 25-year-old Mignolet in a £9m deal from Sunderland earlier in the transfer window.
And former Reds goalkeeper James has been impressed by Mignolet and expects the Belgian to shine at Anfield.
“I’m impressed with him [Mignolet],” James told Liverpool’s website. “He had a very good year with Sunderland last year – he was player of the year there last season.
“I’ve always thought Pepe Reina was a top drawer goalkeeper. For whatever reason he wasn’t performing at his very best in the last couple of years and it’s a statement to replace that position.
“Simon is on the up, he’s a young man and has great potential.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- VIDEO: Moyes takes ice bucket challenge
- Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Redknapp
- Pirlo rubbishes Balotelli's bad boy image
- Van Ginkel in talks with Chelsea
- Ramsey: Arsenal improve away record