- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd to sign £34m Vidal, Arsenal target Cavani
- Wenger gives latest Arsenal injury update ahead of Besiktas clash
- Photos: Podolski and Sánchez ready for Arsenal’s European showdown
- Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger refuses to rule out further signings
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
Lucas Leiva: Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard better than Ronaldinho
Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva says Steven Gerrard would easily slot into Brazil's national side
Lucas Leiva believes Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard could easily slot in Brazil’s national side.
The 33-year-old is set to cap a decorated Reds career as the England skipper faces Olympiakos in his testimonial on Saturday.
And Lucas, who has played alongside Gerrard since joining the club from Gremio in 2007, rates Ronaldinho as one of his best-ever team-mates from their time playing for A Seleção.
“Definitely – he would be one of the starters, of course,” Lucas told Liverpool’s website.
“He has been a world-class player for many years. Everyone that speaks about him, and players from Brazil, rate him very highly.
“He’s probably the best, I would say the most complete player. I had the chance to play with Ronaldinho and other magic players but Stevie has everything.
“He is able to score goals but he can still defend very well. I think he is the best midfielder I have played with. When I came here very young, I was lucky to be able to watch him a lot and learn.
“It’s a different style of play but you can still learn a lot from him, and I’m still learning to be honest.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Thompson: Rodgers should sign Puncheon
- Eto'o thanks Mourinho for Premier League chance
- Van Gaal: Di Maria can be like Robben
- Twitter reacts as Dawson joins Hull
- Aldridge: Balotelli can be a Liverpool icon