- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Lucas Leiva: Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard better than Ronaldinho
Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva says Steven Gerrard would easily slot into Brazil's national side
Lucas Leiva believes Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard could easily slot in Brazil’s national side.
The 33-year-old is set to cap a decorated Reds career as the England skipper faces Olympiakos in his testimonial on Saturday.
And Lucas, who has played alongside Gerrard since joining the club from Gremio in 2007, rates Ronaldinho as one of his best-ever team-mates from their time playing for A Seleção.
“Definitely – he would be one of the starters, of course,” Lucas told Liverpool’s website.
“He has been a world-class player for many years. Everyone that speaks about him, and players from Brazil, rate him very highly.
“He’s probably the best, I would say the most complete player. I had the chance to play with Ronaldinho and other magic players but Stevie has everything.
“He is able to score goals but he can still defend very well. I think he is the best midfielder I have played with. When I came here very young, I was lucky to be able to watch him a lot and learn.
“It’s a different style of play but you can still learn a lot from him, and I’m still learning to be honest.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings