- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
Newcastle transfers: Loïc Rémy ‘very happy’ to seal Magpies loan switch
Newcastle transfers: QPR striker Loic Remy says he is "very happy" the Magpies renewed their interest in the France international
Loïc Rémy says he is “very happy” Newcastle United renewed their interest in the striker after completing a season-long loan move to St James’ Park.
Rémy had been close to joining the Magpies before the Marseille forward completed a shock £8m move to the Hoops in the January transfer window, scoring six goals in 14 appearances.
And the 26-year-old admits he was thrilled that Alan Pardew made a second attempt to sign the former l’OM forward.
“I’m very happy to be a Newcastle player,” Rémy told Newcastle’s website.
“It will be a huge honour to play for such a big club. I was very flattered by the Club’s interest in me back in January and also very happy that they showed interest in me again this summer.
“The Premier League is the best league in the world and that’s where I want to play.
“I am very motivated this year to get into the World Cup squad for my country. I know in order to do that I need to have a big season and a successful campaign with Newcastle United.
“I am focussed on helping the team achieve success this season and scoring as many goals as I can.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip
- Van Gaal: Now I'm the devil of Manchester
- Giles: I wouldn't sign Balotelli for free
- Spurs should be top-four contenders, says Redknapp
- VIDEO: Rodgers completes ice bucket challenge