- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Newcastle transfers: QPR’s Loïc Rémy joins Magpies on loan
Newcastle transfers: Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy completes a season-long loan move to the Magpies
Loïc Rémy has joined Newcastle United on a season-long loan, Queens Park Rangers have confirmed.
The 26-year-old was a Magpies target in January and appeared to be on a verge of a switch to St James’ Park before QPR owner Tony Fernandes managed to convince the Marseille forward to move to the west London side.
Rémy went on to score six goals in 14 Premier League appearances following his £8m move but the France international was unable to help the Hoops avoid relegation to the Championship.
With the former l’OM striker managing to force his way into Didier Deschamp’s France squad in March, Rémy is desperate to ensure he retains his place in the national side’s set-up ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
A QPR statement read: “Loïc Rémy has joined Newcastle United on loan.
“The Frenchman, who joined QPR from Marseille in January, will remain at St James Park for the duration of the 2013/14 season.
“Rémy signalled his intentions to the club earlier this summer of his desire to play in the top-flight in a World Cup year and following the recent addition of Charlie Austin to the R’s ranks, a deal has now been agreed with Alan Pardew’s side.”
QPR have been linked with a swoop for Tottenham Hotspur striker Jermain Defoe in recent days, while Redknapp signed Charlie Austin from Burnley last month.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal