- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Transfer round-up: Song in £10m Arsenal return, Man Utd bid for Vidal
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at further signings
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
Newcastle transfers: Steven Taylor excited by Loïc Rémy loan switch
Newcastle transfers: Steven Taylor says he is excited by Loic Remy's loan switch from Queens Park Rangers
Steven Taylor says he is delighted with Newcastle United’s loan swoop for Queens Park Rangers striker Loïc Rémy.
The France international, who was a January target for the Magpies, completed a temporary switch to the St James’ Park outfit on Tuesday following QPR’s relegation to the Championship last term.
Rémy will be expected to fill the void left by Chelsea’s Demba Ba, and Taylor reckons the former Marseille striker will add something different to Newcastle’s side.
“He adds something different with the pace he has got and the strength he has got,” Taylor told Sky Sports News.
“We are delighted he has signed and we are looking forward to seeing him play.”
Taylor insisted Newcastle are ready to make a positive start to their Premier League campaign after a disappointing campaign last term.
“I think us as players have come back in good nick and obviously we are all raring to go,” added Taylor.
“All us players want to do is get down to business and when that first game comes along against Manchester City on Monday night we will be raring to go.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Get 10/1 on Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs to win!
- Cattermole: Sunderland not afraid of Man Utd
- Pochettino: Remy a very good player
- Jones: Lovren can fill Carragher's void
- 'Balotelli can't be allowed to jeopardise Liverpool spirit'