- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid boss gives update on Sami Khedira
Premier League betting preview: Man City v Newcastle
Man City v Newcastle: We bring you a betting preview of Monday night's Premier League game at the Etihad Stadium
Manchester City are another top four side with a new man at the helm.
Given the star-studded squad at his disposal, Manuel Pellegrini has few excuses for failure this season. He’s expected to challenge for the title and he’ll be expected to beat teams like Newcastle at home.
Four new players, Fernandinho, Jesús Navas, Álvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetić have joined City over the summer and all four are top talents who are expected to be first-team regulars.
Newcastle on the other hand have added just one senior player over the summer, QPR’s Loïc Rémy. Alan Pardew has a good squad but if he struggles to get them performing consistently as happened last season, it could be another nine months of hovering around the wrong end of the table.
They have the talent to trouble City but do they have the manager? This looks like an opening-day win for Pellegrini.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Is Rodgers the right man to tame Balotelli?
- Clarke: Arsenal haven't missed out on Balotelli
- Koeman rules out Schneiderlin exit
- Owen: Rodgers will control Balotelli
- Cazorla's 'morale high' after Arsenal successes