- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
Tottenham transfers: Toby Alderweireld coy on Spurs link
Tottenham transfers: Toby Alderweireld insists he has not made a decision about his future amid reports linking him to Spurs
Toby Alderweireld insists he has not made a decision about his future as the Ajax defender continues to be linked with a transfer to the Premier League.
“It depends if there is club coming [in] that I want to go to,” Alderweireld told Sky Sports News. “But I’m patient and we will see in a few days.
“We will see, if they [Tottenham] are very interested then I will hear what their plans are.”
Asked about the reports linking him with a move to Everton or Newcastle, Alderweireld replied: “[There is no offer from Everton] that I know of, maybe my manager knows. But I was focusing on the [Belgium] game and now I’m focusing on Sunday.
“I didn’t hear from those clubs. But those are beautiful clubs and the Premier League is a beautiful competition, so we will see.”
Alderweireld’s comments come after Ajax director of football Marc Overmars confirmed that the club have received an offer for the defender.
“We have received an offer [for Alderweireld],” Overmars told De Telegraaf. “We won’t give any names as we are still in talks.
“But, just like Norwich City earlier, I expect we can work out a deal with this club.”
Alderweireld has 25 Belgium caps to his name and made 45 appearances for Ajax last season, scoring four goals.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard