- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
Tottenham transfers: Toby Alderweireld coy on Spurs link
Tottenham transfers: Toby Alderweireld insists he has not made a decision about his future amid reports linking him to Spurs
Toby Alderweireld insists he has not made a decision about his future as the Ajax defender continues to be linked with a transfer to the Premier League.
“It depends if there is club coming [in] that I want to go to,” Alderweireld told Sky Sports News. “But I’m patient and we will see in a few days.
“We will see, if they [Tottenham] are very interested then I will hear what their plans are.”
Asked about the reports linking him with a move to Everton or Newcastle, Alderweireld replied: “[There is no offer from Everton] that I know of, maybe my manager knows. But I was focusing on the [Belgium] game and now I’m focusing on Sunday.
“I didn’t hear from those clubs. But those are beautiful clubs and the Premier League is a beautiful competition, so we will see.”
Alderweireld’s comments come after Ajax director of football Marc Overmars confirmed that the club have received an offer for the defender.
“We have received an offer [for Alderweireld],” Overmars told De Telegraaf. “We won’t give any names as we are still in talks.
“But, just like Norwich City earlier, I expect we can work out a deal with this club.”
Alderweireld has 25 Belgium caps to his name and made 45 appearances for Ajax last season, scoring four goals.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Gaal needs time to work magic, says Van Gaal
- 'Arsenal aren't strong enough to win title'
- Rojo drops Di Maria Man Utd hint
- Dortmund hopeful of keeping Reus
- Smith: Fàbregas not the answer for Arsenal