- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Tottenham transfers: Toby Alderweireld coy on Spurs link
Tottenham transfers: Toby Alderweireld insists he has not made a decision about his future amid reports linking him to Spurs
Toby Alderweireld insists he has not made a decision about his future as the Ajax defender continues to be linked with a transfer to the Premier League.
“It depends if there is club coming [in] that I want to go to,” Alderweireld told Sky Sports News. “But I’m patient and we will see in a few days.
“We will see, if they [Tottenham] are very interested then I will hear what their plans are.”
Asked about the reports linking him with a move to Everton or Newcastle, Alderweireld replied: “[There is no offer from Everton] that I know of, maybe my manager knows. But I was focusing on the [Belgium] game and now I’m focusing on Sunday.
“I didn’t hear from those clubs. But those are beautiful clubs and the Premier League is a beautiful competition, so we will see.”
Alderweireld’s comments come after Ajax director of football Marc Overmars confirmed that the club have received an offer for the defender.
“We have received an offer [for Alderweireld],” Overmars told De Telegraaf. “We won’t give any names as we are still in talks.
“But, just like Norwich City earlier, I expect we can work out a deal with this club.”
Alderweireld has 25 Belgium caps to his name and made 45 appearances for Ajax last season, scoring four goals.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future
- Twitter reacts as Drogba seals Chelsea return