- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
Tottenham transfers: ‘Willian will be an asset for Liverpool or Spurs’
Tottenham transfers: Former Anzhi Makhachkala coach Rene Meulensteen says Willian will be an asset for Liverpool or Spurs
Rene Meulensteen says Anzhi Makhachkala midfielder Willian will prove an asset for Liverpool or Tottenham Hotspur if the Brazilian secures a move to the Premier League.
The north London side are reported to be leading the race for the South American after Liverpool had initially appeared to be favourites to sign the playmaker this summer.
The 25-year-old, who scored 37 goals in 222 games for Shakhtar Donetsk before joining Anzhi in January, has previously spoken of his desire to move to the Premier League.
And former Anzhi and Manchester United coach Meulensteen heaped praise on Willian.
“I’ve worked with him for a short time but I really, really like him. He will be an asset for whoever’s going to get him,” said Meulensteen on Sky Sports News.
“If it’s Spurs that’s going to get him they’ll get an excellent player. He’s very versatile, he can play in different positions, he’s a very creative player and an excellent professional with a very good personality.
“He’s going to be a major trump card for Spurs if they can get the deal to go through.
“He can beat a player, he can score a goal. I thought he was an absolute delight to work with.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Saints will struggle to keep Schneiderlin'
- Everton need Lukaku, says Osman
- Chambers reflects on 'whirlwind' eight months
- Van Gaal hails Man Utd's 'best win'
- 'Man Utd target Vidal is irreplaceable'