- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
Tottenham’s Villas-Boas: I rejected a couple of clubs this summer
Tottenham Hotspur manager André Villas-Boas says he rejected "a couple of clubs" this summer in favour of staying at Spurs
André Villas-Boas says he didn’t hesitate to reject a “couple of clubs” this summer in favour of remaining at Tottenham.
The Portuguse coach was linked with the vacant positions at Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid, which have since been filled by Laurent Blanc and Carlo Ancelotti.
Villas-Boas failed to start a second season at former clubs Academica, Porto or Chelsea, but the 35-year-old is thrilled to continue his project at the north London side.
“I stayed because it’s my first opportunity to start a second year in the same club,” Villas-Boas is quoted as saying by the Guardian.
“I think that can give me an advantage and is something I want to try. I have been welcomed, I have an excellent group of players and the conditions and
structures we have at Tottenham are fantastic.
“The arrival of Franco takes us to another level so these are things I had to measure. I have great respect for the club and for Daniel, and these are the reasons I told the couple of clubs that came knocking that I wasn’t interested. How close did I get with them? There was a decision to be made.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard