- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
West Ham United transfers: Gold hints at new striker arrival
West Ham United transfers: David Gold hints that Hammers could still bring in another striker before transfer deadline
David Gold has revealed that West Ham United could still bring in another striker before the close of the summer transfer window.
The Hammers have already added Andy Carroll to their ranks on a permanent deal following his successful loan spell at Upton Park last term.
And despite manager Sam Allardyce insisting that the east London club will not be bringing in any new players following the arrival of Stewart Downing, West Ham co-owner Gold refused to rule out another swoop.
“We’re still short of a striker, [fellow co-owner] David Sullivan agrees with me, Sam Allardyce agrees with me but until we release the wages, there’s little we can do,” Gold told Sky Sports.
“We can still [do some business] in the next couple of weeks, so we’ll see what will happen.”
The Hammers signed Downing from Liverpool last week, and Gold was thrilled to see the England international arrive at Upton Park.
He added: “We’ve stolen him – £6m for such a talented England international, it is outstanding.
“He made his cameo appearance on Saturday and he is a fantastic addition to the squad.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard