- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
West Ham United transfers: Gold hints at new striker arrival
West Ham United transfers: David Gold hints that Hammers could still bring in another striker before transfer deadline
David Gold has revealed that West Ham United could still bring in another striker before the close of the summer transfer window.
The Hammers have already added Andy Carroll to their ranks on a permanent deal following his successful loan spell at Upton Park last term.
And despite manager Sam Allardyce insisting that the east London club will not be bringing in any new players following the arrival of Stewart Downing, West Ham co-owner Gold refused to rule out another swoop.
“We’re still short of a striker, [fellow co-owner] David Sullivan agrees with me, Sam Allardyce agrees with me but until we release the wages, there’s little we can do,” Gold told Sky Sports.
“We can still [do some business] in the next couple of weeks, so we’ll see what will happen.”
The Hammers signed Downing from Liverpool last week, and Gold was thrilled to see the England international arrive at Upton Park.
He added: “We’ve stolen him – £6m for such a talented England international, it is outstanding.
“He made his cameo appearance on Saturday and he is a fantastic addition to the squad.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck