- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
West Ham United transfers: Gold hints at new striker arrival
West Ham United transfers: David Gold hints that Hammers could still bring in another striker before transfer deadline
David Gold has revealed that West Ham United could still bring in another striker before the close of the summer transfer window.
The Hammers have already added Andy Carroll to their ranks on a permanent deal following his successful loan spell at Upton Park last term.
And despite manager Sam Allardyce insisting that the east London club will not be bringing in any new players following the arrival of Stewart Downing, West Ham co-owner Gold refused to rule out another swoop.
“We’re still short of a striker, [fellow co-owner] David Sullivan agrees with me, Sam Allardyce agrees with me but until we release the wages, there’s little we can do,” Gold told Sky Sports.
“We can still [do some business] in the next couple of weeks, so we’ll see what will happen.”
The Hammers signed Downing from Liverpool last week, and Gold was thrilled to see the England international arrive at Upton Park.
He added: “We’ve stolen him – £6m for such a talented England international, it is outstanding.
“He made his cameo appearance on Saturday and he is a fantastic addition to the squad.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: Arsenal train ahead of Everton trip
- Debuchy hails Arsenal's 'amazing' squad
- Mourinho wishes Balotelli well
- Mourinho: Cech must wait for his chance
- 'Multiple clubs interested in Ibe loan deal'