- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Arsenal transfers: Karim Benzema isn’t joining Gunners, says agent
Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema isn't joining the Gunners, according to the Frenchman's agent
Karim Benzema’s agent has ruled out the possibility of the Real Madrid striker joining Arsenal on transfer deadline day.
The France international had been linked with a move to the north London side as Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger looks to sign a world-class striker.
However, the 25-year-old’s agent Karim Djaziri insists Benzema, who scored 11 goals in 30 top-flight appearances last season, wants to stay in the Spanish capital.
“Nothing has changed,” Djaziri told BBC Sport. “Karim isn’t joining Arsenal or anybody else. He’s staying at Real Madrid.
“In any case, he’s joined up with the France team today, and I doubt they’d even allow him to leave to discuss a move.”
Benzema has struggled to win over the Real Madrid supporters following his €41m (£35m) move to the Bernabéu from French side Lyon in 2011.
Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti hinted Benzema’s attitude hasn’t helped the striker win over the club’s fans following a 3-1 victory over Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
“Today one thing was very clear. Benzema was whistled a bit, while Di Maria was applauded by whole stadium,” Ancelotti told reporters.
“The fans look closely at the players. It’s a very clear sign for everyone that hard work is applauded.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea
- Twitter reacts as Everton sign Lukaku
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age