The Portugal international finally put pen to paper on a new deal on Sunday after months of speculation over his future.
Ronaldo, 28, had been linked with a return to Manchester United – the club he left for a world-record £80m in 2009 after scoring 118 goals in 292 appearances.
But the forward, whose new Los Blancos contract will expire when he is 33, says he is now focused on performing for Madrid in the next five years.
“I’ll be honest, Manchester United gave me so much and I’ll never forget them, but United is in the past,” said Ronaldo.
“Now this is my home and my family is here and I’m happy. I respect every club but my goal is to be here and play here to the end of my career.
“Nobody knows the future but I want to be here for another five more years and to win things. I’m happy. I’ll do my best on the pitch and help my team-mates as always. I want to score goals and set them up.”
He added: “I never thought about leaving Madrid because I feel really good here – at home. Everyone treats me well, which is important for me. It was a long process but it ended well and I’m very happy.”
Asked about the long-drawn-out negotiations surrounding his new deal, Ronaldo revealed that he finally made up his mind to stay at the end of last season.
“The president and I gave our word to each other at the end of last season to do the deal,” he continued.
“I always wanted to and the president told me he did too. It’s for them, the Real Madrid fans, that I’ve renewed. For us [the club and player] it wasn’t a drawn out negotiation.”
MORE: The latest football news