- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Brendan Rodgers needs to sign striker to win the title’
Man Utd’s Marouane Fellaini wants to emulate Eric Cantona & Roy Keane
Marouane Fellaini wants to emulate Manchester United legends Eric Cantona, Roy Keane and David Beckham
Marouane Fellaini says he hopes to emulate Manchester United legends Eric Cantona, Roy Keane and David Beckham following his move to Old Trafford.
The United manager used Fellaini in both attacking and defensive roles during his spell in charge at Goodison Park, and the Belgian believes his verstatility can be an asset for his new club.
“I hope. I work hard for this. In the past you have had Cantona. Roy Keane, Beckham – I work hard [to join them],” Fellaini is quoted as saying by the Guardian.
On former Republic of Ireland midfielder Keane, the 25-year-old added: “He is an aggressive player, he can win the ball and I can do this as well.
“I can win the ball. I can clear the ball. I can play clean, so I look forward to [doing this].”
Meanwhile, United boss Moyes is confident Fellaini can become a Red Devils great after his big-money switch to Old Trafford.
“He’ll be a Manchester United player,” said Moyes.
“We’ll give him time and the room to do so and hopefully people will see he’ll contribute greatly to the team.
“He’s got the potential to be that good [as Beckham, Keane and Cantona]. He’s got an awful lot going for him.
“Hopefully he’ll help our great players get better by giving them a bit more freedom on the pitch. He’s got good ability and he’s still young enough to improve.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Wenger plays down chances of more signings
- Besiktas 0 Arsenal 0: Three talking points
- Carragher: Chambers looks like top defender
- Wenger fumes over Ramsey red card as Arsenal held