- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Man Utd’s Marouane Fellaini wants to emulate Eric Cantona & Roy Keane
Marouane Fellaini wants to emulate Manchester United legends Eric Cantona, Roy Keane and David Beckham
Marouane Fellaini says he hopes to emulate Manchester United legends Eric Cantona, Roy Keane and David Beckham following his move to Old Trafford.
The United manager used Fellaini in both attacking and defensive roles during his spell in charge at Goodison Park, and the Belgian believes his verstatility can be an asset for his new club.
“I hope. I work hard for this. In the past you have had Cantona. Roy Keane, Beckham – I work hard [to join them],” Fellaini is quoted as saying by the Guardian.
On former Republic of Ireland midfielder Keane, the 25-year-old added: “He is an aggressive player, he can win the ball and I can do this as well.
“I can win the ball. I can clear the ball. I can play clean, so I look forward to [doing this].”
Meanwhile, United boss Moyes is confident Fellaini can become a Red Devils great after his big-money switch to Old Trafford.
“He’ll be a Manchester United player,” said Moyes.
“We’ll give him time and the room to do so and hopefully people will see he’ll contribute greatly to the team.
“He’s got the potential to be that good [as Beckham, Keane and Cantona]. He’s got an awful lot going for him.
“Hopefully he’ll help our great players get better by giving them a bit more freedom on the pitch. He’s got good ability and he’s still young enough to improve.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me