- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
- José Mourinho wishes Mario Balotelli all the best at Liverpool
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Signing Mario Balotelli the worst thing for the Reds’
Man Utd’s Nick Powell is an incredible talent, says Owen Coyle
Wigan Athletic manager Owen Coyle says Nick Powell is an "incredible talent" after securing the midfielder on loan
Owen Coyle has hailed Manchester United’s Nick Powell as an “incredible talent” after the midfielder secured a season-long loan deal at Wigan Athletic.
Sir Alex Ferguson plucked the 19-year-old from League Two outfit Crewe Alexandra in June 2012 after the midfielder scored an impressive 16 goals in 45 appearances for Dario Gradi’s side in the 2011-12 campaign.
The England Under-21 international made his Premier League bow following the £6m move as a second-half substitute against Wigan Athletic in September, scoring on his debut as the Red Devils ran out 4-0 winners.
Despite making an eye-catching start to his United career and earning favourable comparisons to Cristiano Ronaldo, Powell only made a further five appearances for the Red Devils in all competitions last season.
And Coyle is delighted to be able to avail of Powell’s services for the 2013/14 campaign.
“We’re delighted to welcome Nick to Wigan Athletic, and thank Manchester United for allowing a player whom they have invested a large sum of money in and has incredible talent, to join us for the season,” said Coyle.
“We’re all excited to be offering him the opportunity to play football at a high level and for him to continue his development here at the club.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mourinho backs Cahill for England captaincy
- Mourinho: I don't have to explain my decision to Cech
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip