- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Man Utd’s Wayne Rooney: I’m great friends with Robin van Persie
Wayne Rooney insists that he is "great friends" with fellow Manchester United striker Robin van Persie
Wayne Rooney insists that he is “great friends” with fellow Manchester United striker Robin van Persie and says the pair have a good working relationship.
There had been suggestions that Rooney was unhappy at being dropped into a deeper role for the Red Devils following Van Persie’s arrival at United from Arsenal last summer.
But the 27-year-old striker has moved to end such talk, insisting that the pair enjoy a good relationship both on and off the pitch.
“I have seen things said over the summer, but Robin and me are friends off the pitch,” Rooney is quoted as saying by the Daily Express.
“There is no problem between me and Robin at all. We are great friends and we want to help each other and be successful.
“The manager has made it clear that he wants one up and one behind and, whatever way round that is, it doesn’t matter to me as long as one is always filling in behind and helping out the midfield.”
Rooney scored twice as Manchester United kicked off their Champions League group-stage campaign with a win against Bayer Leverkusen at Old Trafford.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd
- Balotelli tell Sturridge to brush up his dancing
- 'Falcao will give Man Utd wonderful lift'