- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
André Schürrle backs Lewis Holtby to shine at Tottenham
Chelsea's André Schürrle is backing Lewis Holtby to establish himself as a first-team regular at Tottenham
André Schürrle is backing Lewis Holtby to establish himself as a first-team regular at Tottenham.
Holtby, who joined Spurs from Schalke back in January, has seen his first-team opportunities limited at White Hart Lane this season after the north London club brought in seven new players during the summer transfer window.
But Schürrle, who came up against his Germany international team-mate in Tottenham’s 1-1 draw with Chelsea earlier this month, believes that Holtby is certain to establish himself at the club.
“It’s always special to play against a buddy like Lewis Holtby,” Schürrle wrote on his blog on sportupyourlife.com.
“Both Germans, both players with the number 14 and both substituted. The only difference was that we played for two different clubs, he played for the Spurs, I played for Chelsea.
“Before the game against the Spurs we weren’t in contact, but afterwards we talked a lot. Lewis is a great guy and I’m proud that we’re friends. He will establish himself.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck