- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger coy on January plans
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger is coy when quizzed over his plans for the January transfer window
Arsène Wenger remained coy when quizzed over Arsenal’s plans for the January transfer window.
The Gunners have been linked with a number of top players in recent weeks, including Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema and Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.
But although the Frenchman refused to rule out any activity in the winter window, he refused to divulge any of his plans.
“I don’t rule it out,” Wenger, whose side are top of the Premier League table after seven games, told Arsenal’s website.
“I don’t rule it out at all, but saying that I don’t want to encourage more speculation.
“We have just come out of a transfer market that has been very agitated, so let’s not go into the next one today! I just want to focus on football now.”
He continued: “For me, the transfers are not the most enjoyable part of the game.
“For me, the most enjoyable part of the game is to watch the team play football, to win the match and produce good quality football.
“But this [transfer speculation] is part of the job so you have to do it as well as you can.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas
- Di Maria welcome at PSG, says Cavani