- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger coy on January plans
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger is coy when quizzed over his plans for the January transfer window
Arsène Wenger remained coy when quizzed over Arsenal’s plans for the January transfer window.
The Gunners have been linked with a number of top players in recent weeks, including Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema and Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.
But although the Frenchman refused to rule out any activity in the winter window, he refused to divulge any of his plans.
“I don’t rule it out,” Wenger, whose side are top of the Premier League table after seven games, told Arsenal’s website.
“I don’t rule it out at all, but saying that I don’t want to encourage more speculation.
“We have just come out of a transfer market that has been very agitated, so let’s not go into the next one today! I just want to focus on football now.”
He continued: “For me, the transfers are not the most enjoyable part of the game.
“For me, the most enjoyable part of the game is to watch the team play football, to win the match and produce good quality football.
“But this [transfer speculation] is part of the job so you have to do it as well as you can.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip
- Van Gaal: Now I'm the devil of Manchester
- Giles: I wouldn't sign Balotelli for free