- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Man Utd’s Louis van Gaal needs to show respect, blasts Liverpool legend
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
Arsène Wenger: Olivier Giroud and Karim Benzema can play together
Arsène Wenger insists that Olivier Giroud and Karim Benzema can forge a successful partnership for France in games to come
Arsène Wenger insists that Olivier Giroud and Karim Benzema can forge a successful partnership for France amid reports linking Arsenal with a swoop for the Real Madrid striker.
Benzema and Giroud have started just one game together for Les Blues in 2013, and the in-form Giroud is set to play as a lone striker in Friday’s friendly with Australia.
But Wenger believes that the pair can still strike up a successful partnership, fuelling speculation that the north London club could target Benzema in the January transfer window.
“As for whether Olivier Giroud and Karim Benzema can play together, they can, yes,” Wenger wrote on his blog on Eurosport. “But up until now, their partnership hasn’t worked so they must find another way.
“It’s always hard. But you must have guys who are giving good assists as well as guys who can score.
“Right now, those who fail to score are always being singled out. But a question must be answered: do we have enough guys giving good assists? I think France are lacking something in this regard.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Three Liverpool legends meet at Bayern clash
- Twitter reacts as Chelsea beat Everton
- Everton 3 Chelsea 6: Player ratings
- Fazio available to face Liverpool
- Wilshere ready for 'tough' Leicester game