- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
Arsène Wenger: Olivier Giroud and Karim Benzema can play together
Arsène Wenger insists that Olivier Giroud and Karim Benzema can forge a successful partnership for France in games to come
Arsène Wenger insists that Olivier Giroud and Karim Benzema can forge a successful partnership for France amid reports linking Arsenal with a swoop for the Real Madrid striker.
Benzema and Giroud have started just one game together for Les Blues in 2013, and the in-form Giroud is set to play as a lone striker in Friday’s friendly with Australia.
But Wenger believes that the pair can still strike up a successful partnership, fuelling speculation that the north London club could target Benzema in the January transfer window.
“As for whether Olivier Giroud and Karim Benzema can play together, they can, yes,” Wenger wrote on his blog on Eurosport. “But up until now, their partnership hasn’t worked so they must find another way.
“It’s always hard. But you must have guys who are giving good assists as well as guys who can score.
“Right now, those who fail to score are always being singled out. But a question must be answered: do we have enough guys giving good assists? I think France are lacking something in this regard.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas
- Di Maria welcome at PSG, says Cavani