- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
Daniel Agger plans to see out Liverpool contract
Daniel Agger insists he intends to see out his Liverpool contract following speculation linking him with a move to Barcelona
Daniel Agger insists that he intends to see out his Liverpool contract following speculation linking him with a move to Barcelona in the summer.
The 28-year-old Denmark international was reportedly on the radar of the Spanish champions but a move to the Camp Nou failed to materialise.
And Agger, who joined Liverpool back in 2006, says he is happy on Merseyside and is planning to see out the remainder of his current deal.
“[The Barcelona move] was up to the club,” Agger is quoted as saying by Ekstra Bladet. “The club would not sell me.
“I do not know [if I will play at another club]. Right now I have two-and-a-half years left on my contract, and I intend to fulfil my contract.
“I’m glad [to be] at Liverpool and playing well. We have a great team, and if I can win something it will be great. Liverpool is a huge club.”
Agger, who arrived at Anfield from Brondby for £5.8m in January 2006, signed a two-year contract extension back in October 2012 to keep him at the club until the end of the 2015-16 season.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rojo ready for 'big step forward' in career
- Liverpool suffer Bakkali setback
- VIDEO: Van Persie takes ice bucket challenge
- Robson: Man Utd don't need an overhaul
- Song takes ice bucket challenge, nominates Podolski