- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge: Didier Drogba & Steven Gerrard helped me
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge reveals he got advice from Didier Drogba in the summer, while hailing Steven Gerrard's influence
Daniel Sturridge has revealed he benefited from helpful advice from Chelsea legend Didier Drogba and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard over the summer.
Sturridge has been a revelation since moving to the Reds in a £12m deal from Chelsea in the January transfer window, scoring 18 goals in 23 top-flight appearances.
And the former Blues striker revealed Drogba gave him some helpful advice during the summer, whilst adding Gerrard continues to have an influence on his career.
“I saw Didier in Miami this summer,” Sturridge told the Times. “He said the strongest thing an individual can have is the mental strength.
“He told me, ‘It’s not about the tactical, it’s not about the technical, it’s not about the physical. If you believe in yourself, that will set you apart’.
“Stevie has helped me a lot in terms of mindset. He’s all about self belief; don’t go out there with the mentality of trying to do something. Just let it happen.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea