- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge: Didier Drogba & Steven Gerrard helped me
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge reveals he got advice from Didier Drogba in the summer, while hailing Steven Gerrard's influence
Daniel Sturridge has revealed he benefited from helpful advice from Chelsea legend Didier Drogba and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard over the summer.
Sturridge has been a revelation since moving to the Reds in a £12m deal from Chelsea in the January transfer window, scoring 18 goals in 23 top-flight appearances.
And the former Blues striker revealed Drogba gave him some helpful advice during the summer, whilst adding Gerrard continues to have an influence on his career.
“I saw Didier in Miami this summer,” Sturridge told the Times. “He said the strongest thing an individual can have is the mental strength.
“He told me, ‘It’s not about the tactical, it’s not about the technical, it’s not about the physical. If you believe in yourself, that will set you apart’.
“Stevie has helped me a lot in terms of mindset. He’s all about self belief; don’t go out there with the mentality of trying to do something. Just let it happen.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Ozil much better long-term signing than Sanchez'
- Jones: Lovren and Lallana will shine for Liverpool
- Chambers comfortable at centre-half
- Van Gaal needs time to work magic, says Van Gaal
- 'Arsenal aren't strong enough to win title'