- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge: Didier Drogba & Steven Gerrard helped me
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge reveals he got advice from Didier Drogba in the summer, while hailing Steven Gerrard's influence
Daniel Sturridge has revealed he benefited from helpful advice from Chelsea legend Didier Drogba and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard over the summer.
Sturridge has been a revelation since moving to the Reds in a £12m deal from Chelsea in the January transfer window, scoring 18 goals in 23 top-flight appearances.
And the former Blues striker revealed Drogba gave him some helpful advice during the summer, whilst adding Gerrard continues to have an influence on his career.
“I saw Didier in Miami this summer,” Sturridge told the Times. “He said the strongest thing an individual can have is the mental strength.
“He told me, ‘It’s not about the tactical, it’s not about the technical, it’s not about the physical. If you believe in yourself, that will set you apart’.
“Stevie has helped me a lot in terms of mindset. He’s all about self belief; don’t go out there with the mentality of trying to do something. Just let it happen.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Arsenal trio set to miss league opener
- Wenger: I couldn't play Ramsey at The Emirates
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd