- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Newcastle transfers: Loïc Rémy coy on Magpies future
Newcastle transfers: Loic Remy admits he isn't sure where his future lies after his impressive start to his Magpies loan
Loïc Rémy admits he isn’t sure where his long-term future lies after the striker’s glittering start to his Newcastle United loan.
The France international has scored five goals in his last three appearances for the Magpies following a move to St James’ Park on a season-long loan switch from Queens Park Rangers.
Rémy, who scored twice in a 2-1 win at Cardiff, came close to joining Newcastle in the January before eventually sealing a move to Loftus Road, but for now, intends to concentrate on enjoying his football – and not his future.
“I am really enjoying it at Newcastle, but what happens next I don’t know,” Rémy said.
“For the moment the question of staying beyond my loan period is not in my head – it is a good question, but we have time to decide.”
Meanwhile, Alan Pardew revealed the Magpies have an agreement with QPR for a permanent switch in place – but refused to clarify whether Newcastle would pursue the deal.
“Loïc’s a player who has done terrific for us and a player that we’ll perhaps look at going forward to bring to the club on a permanent basis,” said Pardew.
“There is (something in place for him) but it’s complicated and I can’t really go into that in too much detail, but what I would say about him is that he’s given us what we didn’t have last year.
“That is a striker who can play, build the game and finish. As you’re seeing with the goals he’s rattling in here, he’s got a nice manner about him, he’s comfortable with our group, he has a confidence to play for Newcastle and that isn’t easy, so we’ve been very pleased with him.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers