- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
‘Arsenal’s Ramsey should try to emulate Gerrard & Lampard’
Jamie Redknapp believes Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey should be aiming to emulate Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard
Jamie Redknapp believes Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey should try to emulate Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard by scoring 20 goals this season.
The Wales international netted his 11th strike of the campaign as the midfielder inspired the Gunners to a 2-0 victory over title rivals Liverpool at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.
And Redknapp feels the 22-year-old playmaker should be aiming to break the 20-goal mark as England internationals Gerrard and Lampard have done in the past for their respective clubs.
“Aaron Ramsey had scored 11 goals in all competitions in his Arsenal career up to this summer,” Redknapp is quoted as saying by Daily Mail.
“This season he has scored 10 already, adding another screamer against Liverpool.
“Now he needs to go for 20, like Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard have done in the past.
“Ramsey has six so far, but he is talented, confident and capable of more. Goal-scoring midfielders are like gold dust.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side