- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid boss gives update on Sami Khedira
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger coy on January plans
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger insists that he won’t make any decisions over potential targets until the end of the year
Arsène Wenger insists that he won’t make any decisions over potential January transfer targets until the end of the year.
The Gunners have been linked with a host of top names in recent weeks, with Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema among the players linked with a move to north London.
Asked about his plans for January, Wenger replied: “I don’t know honestly, I want to see where we stand at the end of December.”
He added: “We have [Nicklas] Bendtner, we have Park [Chu-Young], we have plenty of solutions. Even [Mesut] Özil can play up front.”
Wenger’s side head into Saturday’s clash against Liverpool at Emirates Stadium two points clear at the top of the table.
But the Frenchman insists it would be premature to draw conclusions from the table after only nine games of the new campaign.
“It’s too early,” he said. “What we want first is to convince everybody that we can play at the top and hopefully in April we’ll have to ask ourselves, have we now enough resources to cross the line?
“But after nine games it’s too early.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Campbell: Balotelli deal too good to turn down
- Robson: Balotelli is a bad move for Liverpool
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Talking points
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Player ratings