- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger coy on January plans
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger insists that he won’t make any decisions over potential targets until the end of the year
Arsène Wenger insists that he won’t make any decisions over potential January transfer targets until the end of the year.
The Gunners have been linked with a host of top names in recent weeks, with Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema among the players linked with a move to north London.
Asked about his plans for January, Wenger replied: “I don’t know honestly, I want to see where we stand at the end of December.”
He added: “We have [Nicklas] Bendtner, we have Park [Chu-Young], we have plenty of solutions. Even [Mesut] Özil can play up front.”
Wenger’s side head into Saturday’s clash against Liverpool at Emirates Stadium two points clear at the top of the table.
But the Frenchman insists it would be premature to draw conclusions from the table after only nine games of the new campaign.
“It’s too early,” he said. “What we want first is to convince everybody that we can play at the top and hopefully in April we’ll have to ask ourselves, have we now enough resources to cross the line?
“But after nine games it’s too early.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Everton should have given Lukaku No9 shirt'
- Vidal is a Juve player, insists Marotta
- Hernández thanks Inter for interest
- Williams wants Swansea to keep Bony
- Van Gaal: Man Utd making big steps