- Roger Federer: fanning the flames in both victory or defeat
- Photos: Novak Djokovic marries Jelena Ristic
- Wimbledon 2014: Order of play for Monday 30 June
- Rally for Bally: One year on, Andy Murray again plays for friend & charity
- The complex ATP ranking system explained
- Wimbledon 2014: Age no barrier for Federer against ‘young gun’ Raonic
ATP World Tour Finals 2013: Tomas Berdych beats David Ferrer
ATP World Tour Finals 2013: Tomas Berdych keeps his semi-final hopes alive with an impressive 6-4 6-4 win over David Ferrer
Tomas Berdych kept his ATP World Tour Finals hopes alive with an impressive 6-4 6-4 win over David Ferrer in London.
The Czech’s win in Group A brought the 28-year-old back into contention for a place in the semi-finals after he lost his opening match to Stanislas Wawrinka.
Berdych will play world No1 Rafael Nadal in his final round-robin match on Friday, with the Spaniard having already booked his spot in the last four thanks to his win over Stanislas Wawrinka on Wednesday.
Ferrer is out after losing both of his opening matches, but Wawrinka is still in contention for a last-four spot.
“It’s going to be a big one [against Nadal], that’s for sure,” said Berdych, who has lost his last 15 matches against the Spaniard.
“I probably cannot have any tougher opponent than I have. But he’s already through, he’s secure for the [year-end] No1, so you never know.
“But I know Rafa is a big fighter and he will never give a single point for free. So I’m not expecting any gifts.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- Williams going through 'difficult period'
- ATP World Tour Finals 2014: Tickets and information
- Djokovic marries his childhood sweetheart
- US Open prize money increases to $38.3m
- Nadal qualifies for World Tour Finals