- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Liverpool deliver Daniel Sturridge injury update ahead of Hull clash
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has suffered an ankle injury in training on Friday, the Reds have confirmed
Daniel Sturridge has been ruled out of Liverpool’s clash against Hull City on Sunday after the Reds confirmed the striker rolled his ankle in training.
The 24-year-old has been managing a persistent thigh injury this season after recovering from an ankle problem which he sustained in England’s 1-1 draw with the Republic of Ireland in May.
Sturridge scored his ninth goal of the season at Goodison Park last weekend after coming off the bench and netting a last-gasp equaliser in 3-3 draw with Everton.
A statement from Liverpool read: “Liverpool Football Club can confirm Daniel Sturridge will be assessed by the club’s medical staff today after the striker rolled his ankle in training.
“The 24-year-old was a late substitute in the Reds’ 3-3 draw against Everton last weekend – and the England international netted in the 89th minute to clinch a point at Goodison Park.
“Sturridge returned to training at Melwood this week; however, he sustained an ankle sprain which will require further assessment.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Why Bilbao will be a force in group stage
- Fantasy Football: This weekend's best picks
- Van Gaal hints at further Man Utd signings
- 'Man Utd target Cuadrado staying at Fiorentina'
- Man Utd's Rojo still waiting for work permit