- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Liverpool deliver Daniel Sturridge injury update ahead of Hull clash
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has suffered an ankle injury in training on Friday, the Reds have confirmed
Daniel Sturridge has been ruled out of Liverpool’s clash against Hull City on Sunday after the Reds confirmed the striker rolled his ankle in training.
The 24-year-old has been managing a persistent thigh injury this season after recovering from an ankle problem which he sustained in England’s 1-1 draw with the Republic of Ireland in May.
Sturridge scored his ninth goal of the season at Goodison Park last weekend after coming off the bench and netting a last-gasp equaliser in 3-3 draw with Everton.
A statement from Liverpool read: “Liverpool Football Club can confirm Daniel Sturridge will be assessed by the club’s medical staff today after the striker rolled his ankle in training.
“The 24-year-old was a late substitute in the Reds’ 3-3 draw against Everton last weekend – and the England international netted in the 89th minute to clinch a point at Goodison Park.
“Sturridge returned to training at Melwood this week; however, he sustained an ankle sprain which will require further assessment.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal