- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Liverpool deliver Daniel Sturridge injury update ahead of Hull clash
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has suffered an ankle injury in training on Friday, the Reds have confirmed
Daniel Sturridge has been ruled out of Liverpool’s clash against Hull City on Sunday after the Reds confirmed the striker rolled his ankle in training.
The 24-year-old has been managing a persistent thigh injury this season after recovering from an ankle problem which he sustained in England’s 1-1 draw with the Republic of Ireland in May.
Sturridge scored his ninth goal of the season at Goodison Park last weekend after coming off the bench and netting a last-gasp equaliser in 3-3 draw with Everton.
A statement from Liverpool read: “Liverpool Football Club can confirm Daniel Sturridge will be assessed by the club’s medical staff today after the striker rolled his ankle in training.
“The 24-year-old was a late substitute in the Reds’ 3-3 draw against Everton last weekend – and the England international netted in the 89th minute to clinch a point at Goodison Park.
“Sturridge returned to training at Melwood this week; however, he sustained an ankle sprain which will require further assessment.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place
- Rooney thrilled by Falcao arrival
- Özil marks anniversary of Arsenal move
- Kagawa and Liverpool legend seal German moves