- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Liverpool transfers: Daniel Sturridge wants Luis Suárez to stay
Liverpool transfers: Daniel Sturridge says he wants Luis Suarez to remain at the Reds beyond the January window
Daniel Sturridge says he wants his strike partner Luis Suárez to stay at Liverpool beyond the January transfer window.
The England international and 26-year-old South American have been in devastating form since Suárez returned from a 10-game ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in April.
“It’s great to play with him, we give defenders problems and we both play differently, so it’s good to have a strike partner you can bounce off,” Sturridge told talkSPORT.
“It’s going to great for him and everybody wants him to stay and it’s up to Luis to decide what he wants to do.
“We as a club, the fans and the players, everybody wants him to stay, but if Luis wants to decide it’s best for him to move on then that’s the way it’s got to be. But I think everybody wants Luis to stay and I’m sure that he will.”
Sturridge has scored 18 goals in 23 top-flight appearances following his £12m move to Liverpool from Chelsea in January.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea