- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs signing will face Liverpool
Liverpool transfers: Daniel Sturridge wants Luis Suárez to stay
Liverpool transfers: Daniel Sturridge says he wants Luis Suarez to remain at the Reds beyond the January window
Daniel Sturridge says he wants his strike partner Luis Suárez to stay at Liverpool beyond the January transfer window.
The England international and 26-year-old South American have been in devastating form since Suárez returned from a 10-game ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in April.
“It’s great to play with him, we give defenders problems and we both play differently, so it’s good to have a strike partner you can bounce off,” Sturridge told talkSPORT.
“It’s going to great for him and everybody wants him to stay and it’s up to Luis to decide what he wants to do.
“We as a club, the fans and the players, everybody wants him to stay, but if Luis wants to decide it’s best for him to move on then that’s the way it’s got to be. But I think everybody wants Luis to stay and I’m sure that he will.”
Sturridge has scored 18 goals in 23 top-flight appearances following his £12m move to Liverpool from Chelsea in January.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Man Utd are making progress, says Van Gaal
- Fowler blasts disrespectful Van Gaal
- West Ham sign Song on season-long loan deal
- Hazard 'feeling good' back at Chelsea
- PHOTOS: Arsenal train ahead of Leicester trip