- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
Man Utd ‘on the edge’ if they lose to Arsenal, says José Mourinho
Jose Mourinho says Man Utd are on the brink of elimination from Premier League title race if the Red Devils lose to Arsenal
José Mourinho believes Manchester United will be left on the brink of elimination from Premier League title race if the defending champions lose to Arsenal on Sunday.
The Red Devils face the top-flight’s pace-setters Arsenal at Old Trafford as David Moyes’ men look to erode away at the north London side’s eight-point advantage over the holders.
Whilst Mourinho refused to discount United’s chances should they suffer defeat, the Chelsea manager feels the 20-time English champions will find it tough to overturn an 11-point deficit.
“It’s on the edge [with a loss] but United is United,” Mourinho said. “So even 10, 11 points … I wouldn’t say it’s over for them. If they lose … in this Premier League, I don’t think it’s impossible for them to be champions.”
Mourinho also rubbished claims that Arsenal are lightweight in the striker department despite Wenger’s reliance on Olivier Giroud.
“They have strikers. Giroud, Bendtner, Walcott and Podolski,” added Mourinho.
“I think two is enough when they have other solutions coming from other positions and the style of play that they have. I think the manager has to be happy with what he has.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck