- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Man Utd ‘on the edge’ if they lose to Arsenal, says José Mourinho
Jose Mourinho says Man Utd are on the brink of elimination from Premier League title race if the Red Devils lose to Arsenal
José Mourinho believes Manchester United will be left on the brink of elimination from Premier League title race if the defending champions lose to Arsenal on Sunday.
The Red Devils face the top-flight’s pace-setters Arsenal at Old Trafford as David Moyes’ men look to erode away at the north London side’s eight-point advantage over the holders.
Whilst Mourinho refused to discount United’s chances should they suffer defeat, the Chelsea manager feels the 20-time English champions will find it tough to overturn an 11-point deficit.
“It’s on the edge [with a loss] but United is United,” Mourinho said. “So even 10, 11 points … I wouldn’t say it’s over for them. If they lose … in this Premier League, I don’t think it’s impossible for them to be champions.”
Mourinho also rubbished claims that Arsenal are lightweight in the striker department despite Wenger’s reliance on Olivier Giroud.
“They have strikers. Giroud, Bendtner, Walcott and Podolski,” added Mourinho.
“I think two is enough when they have other solutions coming from other positions and the style of play that they have. I think the manager has to be happy with what he has.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me