- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Arsenal transfers: AC Milan admit Mario Balotelli could leave
Mesut Özil plays down nightclub visit after Arsenal’s loss to Man Utd
Mesut Özil plays down concerns about his illness after he was pictured leaving a London nightclub on Sunday evening
Mesut Özil has played down concerns about his illness after he was pictured leaving a London nightclub following Arsenal’s defeat by Manchester United on Sunday.
Özil was reported to be a doubt for Germany’s friendly clash against Italy on Friday after suffering from a virus in the wake of the 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford.
However, the 25-year-old is understood to be recovering well, and the Arsenal star insisted that his visit to Boujis club in South Kensington on Sunday evening had nothing to do with his illness.
“We were late back from Manchester, then I went to eat and drink something,” Özil told Bild.
“But that had nothing to do with the fact that I had to sign off on the next day with flu. I felt in the game against Manchester still totally fit and played for 90 minutes.”
Meanwhile, Germany head coach Joachim Low said that he expects Özil to be fit for the forthcoming friendlies against Italy and England.
“Mesut is doing better. I assume that he will be fully resilient in final practice,” Low said.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea
- PHOTOS: Wilshere returns to Arsenal training
- Pellegrini eyes further Man City signings
- New signings possible, says Pochettino
- Liverpool's Rodgers coy on Rémy deal