- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
Mesut Özil plays down nightclub visit after Arsenal’s loss to Man Utd
Mesut Özil plays down concerns about his illness after he was pictured leaving a London nightclub on Sunday evening
Mesut Özil has played down concerns about his illness after he was pictured leaving a London nightclub following Arsenal’s defeat by Manchester United on Sunday.
Özil was reported to be a doubt for Germany’s friendly clash against Italy on Friday after suffering from a virus in the wake of the 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford.
However, the 25-year-old is understood to be recovering well, and the Arsenal star insisted that his visit to Boujis club in South Kensington on Sunday evening had nothing to do with his illness.
“We were late back from Manchester, then I went to eat and drink something,” Özil told Bild.
“But that had nothing to do with the fact that I had to sign off on the next day with flu. I felt in the game against Manchester still totally fit and played for 90 minutes.”
Meanwhile, Germany head coach Joachim Low said that he expects Özil to be fit for the forthcoming friendlies against Italy and England.
“Mesut is doing better. I assume that he will be fully resilient in final practice,” Low said.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mata sees funny side of Mata mix-up
- Barkley wants Everton to secure top four
- Wilshere: Zelalem has so much natural ability
- Drogba wants to help Chelsea end title drought
- Rodgers: Man City the team to beat