- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid boss gives update on Sami Khedira
Mesut Özil plays down nightclub visit after Arsenal’s loss to Man Utd
Mesut Özil plays down concerns about his illness after he was pictured leaving a London nightclub on Sunday evening
Mesut Özil has played down concerns about his illness after he was pictured leaving a London nightclub following Arsenal’s defeat by Manchester United on Sunday.
Özil was reported to be a doubt for Germany’s friendly clash against Italy on Friday after suffering from a virus in the wake of the 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford.
However, the 25-year-old is understood to be recovering well, and the Arsenal star insisted that his visit to Boujis club in South Kensington on Sunday evening had nothing to do with his illness.
“We were late back from Manchester, then I went to eat and drink something,” Özil told Bild.
“But that had nothing to do with the fact that I had to sign off on the next day with flu. I felt in the game against Manchester still totally fit and played for 90 minutes.”
Meanwhile, Germany head coach Joachim Low said that he expects Özil to be fit for the forthcoming friendlies against Italy and England.
“Mesut is doing better. I assume that he will be fully resilient in final practice,” Low said.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Is Rodgers the right man to tame Balotelli?
- Clarke: Arsenal haven't missed out on Balotelli
- Koeman rules out Schneiderlin exit
- Owen: Rodgers will control Balotelli
- Cazorla's 'morale high' after Arsenal successes