- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
Newcastle 2 Chelsea 0: We deserved to lose, admits José Mourinho
Newcastle 2 Chelsea 0: José Mourinho admit his side deserved to lose after second-half goals win it for the Magpies
José Mourinho admitted that his Chelsea side deserved to lose to Newcastle after the Blues were undone by second-half goals at St James’ Park.
After an uninspiring first half, Yoan Gouffran gave the Magpies the lead in the 68th minute when he headed home Yohan Cabaye’s free-kick.
And Loïc Rémy put the game beyond doubt when he stroked in Vurnon Anita cut-back one minute from time to end Chelsea’s three-game winning streak in the league.
“I didn’t like our performance and I think we deserved to lose – it’s as simple as that,” Mourinho told BT Sport.
“We had a good reaction and a couple of good chances to equalise but I think they were more in the game than us.
“They fought more than us and were much more committed than us. For sure they were the best team on the pitch. If somebody had to win, it was Newcastle, not us.
“We were not sharp and not intense with the ball. We defended quite well but we were not fast and intense and aggressive with the ball so we let the game go, waiting for a chance to score a goal.”
But Mourinho insists it is too early to read anything into the standings.
“The race is there for everybody,” he continued. “If Arsenal win today and they open the gap, they just open the gap, there’s nothing definite. #
“But I didn’t like my team today. I’m disappointed.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal
- Chambers's gives first Arsenal interview