- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Liverpool legend wanted Romelu Lukaku to get Everton’s No9 shirt
Roberto Martinez heaps praise on Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson
Roberto Martínez singles out Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson for special praise ahead of the Merseyside derby
Roberto Martínez has warned his Everton side to be wary of the threat posed by Jordan Henderson when Liverpool travel to Goodison Park on Saturday.
Strikers Luis Suárez and Daniel Sturridge have inevitably earned plenty of praise following their sparking start to the new season, with the duo helping to fire the Reds into second place in the Premier League table.
But Toffees boss Martínez singled out Henderson for special praise ahead of the Merseyside derby, and stated his belief that the midfielder is now producing his best football at Anfield.
“Suárez and Sturridge have done what everyone expected, but Liverpool are playing really well and it would be a big mistake for us just to concentrate on the two strikers,” said Martínez.
“That would make it really easy for the other players. Steven Gerrard can always influence things, but I think Jordan Henderson is playing his best football since joining Liverpool.
“He offers them a much greater threat in terms of the tactical flexibility he provides. So it would be a big mistake for us just to concentrate on the two strikers.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard