- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Man Utd transfers: Thomas Müller confirms Red Devils snub
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Red Devils only need two new top players’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
Roberto Martinez heaps praise on Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson
Roberto Martínez singles out Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson for special praise ahead of the Merseyside derby
Roberto Martínez has warned his Everton side to be wary of the threat posed by Jordan Henderson when Liverpool travel to Goodison Park on Saturday.
Strikers Luis Suárez and Daniel Sturridge have inevitably earned plenty of praise following their sparking start to the new season, with the duo helping to fire the Reds into second place in the Premier League table.
But Toffees boss Martínez singled out Henderson for special praise ahead of the Merseyside derby, and stated his belief that the midfielder is now producing his best football at Anfield.
“Suárez and Sturridge have done what everyone expected, but Liverpool are playing really well and it would be a big mistake for us just to concentrate on the two strikers,” said Martínez.
“That would make it really easy for the other players. Steven Gerrard can always influence things, but I think Jordan Henderson is playing his best football since joining Liverpool.
“He offers them a much greater threat in terms of the tactical flexibility he provides. So it would be a big mistake for us just to concentrate on the two strikers.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Liverpool should sign Falcao or Reus'
- Scholes: Fàbregas perfect for Man Utd
- VIDEO: Were you ever bitten by Suárez, Jamie?
- Wenger: No regrets about not signing Fàbregas
- Martinez: Sánchez has big-game mentality