- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
Roberto Martinez heaps praise on Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson
Roberto Martínez singles out Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson for special praise ahead of the Merseyside derby
Roberto Martínez has warned his Everton side to be wary of the threat posed by Jordan Henderson when Liverpool travel to Goodison Park on Saturday.
Strikers Luis Suárez and Daniel Sturridge have inevitably earned plenty of praise following their sparking start to the new season, with the duo helping to fire the Reds into second place in the Premier League table.
But Toffees boss Martínez singled out Henderson for special praise ahead of the Merseyside derby, and stated his belief that the midfielder is now producing his best football at Anfield.
“Suárez and Sturridge have done what everyone expected, but Liverpool are playing really well and it would be a big mistake for us just to concentrate on the two strikers,” said Martínez.
“That would make it really easy for the other players. Steven Gerrard can always influence things, but I think Jordan Henderson is playing his best football since joining Liverpool.
“He offers them a much greater threat in terms of the tactical flexibility he provides. So it would be a big mistake for us just to concentrate on the two strikers.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Owen: Falcao is signing of the summer
- Is Falcao the signing Man Utd need?
- Falcao is top buy, declares Ronaldo
- PHOTO: Arsenal & Liverpool stars go to the cinema
- Cech won't rule out Chelsea exit