- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd monitor Di Maria, Arsenal chase Costa
Tottenham’s Andros Townsend: I need to score more goals
Tottenham Hotspur winger Andros Townsend admits he needs to start scoring more goals after hitting the net once this term
Andros Townsend admits he need to start scoring more goals for Tottenham Hotspur.
The 22-year-old has been widely hailed for his impressive start to the season but the England international has only scored once in 10 Premier League appearances.
“Goals and assists make you un-droppable and I know there are great players all vying for two wing spots at Spurs so I need to get more goals and assists to cement my place in the team and not give the manager an excuse to drop me,” Townsend told TalkSport.
Earlier this week, Townsend acknowledged that he must impress for both Tottenham Hotspur and England to secure his spot at next summer’s World Cup.
“I’ve got to keep playing well whenever given the chance and try and force my way onto the plane next summer,” Townsend told the FA’s website.
“We’ve got a big squad because we’ve got fantastic players. Every single one of us is going to be trying to impress in training and in the games to try and get on that plane.
“There aren’t too many other opportunities before the summer to play for England and impress the manager so everyone is going to be giving 100 per cent to catch the manager’s eye.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Lovren can't wait to link up with Liverpool squad
- Rodgers: Lovren an important Liverpool signing
- Liverpool complete £20m Lovren signing
- Arsenal target Griezmann set to join Atletico