- Arsenal transfers: Sami Khedira ‘agrees personal terms with Gunners’
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Abou Diaby can be a major asset for Arsenal, says Arsène Wenger
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Photos: Man Utd train ahead of LA Galaxy clash
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
Tottenham’s Andros Townsend: I need to score more goals
Tottenham Hotspur winger Andros Townsend admits he needs to start scoring more goals after hitting the net once this term
Andros Townsend admits he need to start scoring more goals for Tottenham Hotspur.
The 22-year-old has been widely hailed for his impressive start to the season but the England international has only scored once in 10 Premier League appearances.
“Goals and assists make you un-droppable and I know there are great players all vying for two wing spots at Spurs so I need to get more goals and assists to cement my place in the team and not give the manager an excuse to drop me,” Townsend told TalkSport.
Earlier this week, Townsend acknowledged that he must impress for both Tottenham Hotspur and England to secure his spot at next summer’s World Cup.
“I’ve got to keep playing well whenever given the chance and try and force my way onto the plane next summer,” Townsend told the FA’s website.
“We’ve got a big squad because we’ve got fantastic players. Every single one of us is going to be trying to impress in training and in the games to try and get on that plane.
“There aren’t too many other opportunities before the summer to play for England and impress the manager so everyone is going to be giving 100 per cent to catch the manager’s eye.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Messi 'enquired about Arsenal move'
- Mourinho convinced Chelsea can win the title
- AC Milan admit Balotelli could leave
- Liverpool 'beat Arsenal to Manquillo deal'
- Zaha keen to impress Van Gaal