- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Olivier Giroud net winner
Injured Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey hails Olivier Giroud's winner in a 1-0 victory over Newcastle on Sunday
Aaron Ramsey has expressed his delight at Olivier Giroud’s winner in Arsenal’s 1-0 victory over Newcastle United on Sunday.
The France international ended a seven-game goal drought as the 28-year-old netted a second-half winner to take his tally to eight Premier League goals this season.
And Ramsey, who missed the Magpies clash through injury, praised his team-mate, as well as hailing the north London side’s victory at St James’ Park.
Great 3 points at an in-form team today, nice to see @_OlivierGiroud_ back on the score sheet. Top of the league at the halfway point!
— Aaron Ramsey (@aaronramsey) December 29, 2013
Earlier on Sunday, Giroud insisted that the Gunners don’t need to buy a new striker in the summer.
“We have the players to play up front,” Giroud told Canal+ before Arsenal’s win at Newcastle.
“Lukas is having a good come-back. Theo can play as a striker. We have the quality and the quantity.
“If the coach wants me to rest, he can do it without buying a new striker. I would rather not see a new striker come in.
“I always have to recover, to get massages, to eat well, to sleep well. This is how we live. I am lucky to not be injury-prone. I have a body that tolerates the accumulation of games.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Why Bilbao will be a force in group stage
- Fantasy Football: This weekend's best picks
- Van Gaal hints at further Man Utd signings
- 'Man Utd target Cuadrado staying at Fiorentina'
- Man Utd's Rojo still waiting for work permit