- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
Arsenal transfers: Porto’s Jackson Martinez eyes London move
Arsenal transfers: Porto striker Jackson Martinez hints at a potential move to Chelsea or the Gunners in January window
The Ecuador international has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in recent weeks after scoring 12 goals in 14 appearances this season.
When I was a child I rooted for Chelsea and Arsenal
The Porto man has been touted as the answer to Chelsea’s goal-scoring woes, with Demba Ba, Samuel Eto’o and Fernando Torres failing to find their form.
And the 27-year-old forward, who has scored 38 goals in 44 appearances since moving to Porto, has talked up a potential move to English top-flight.
“Where would I like to play?” Martinez told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “When I was a child I rooted for Chelsea and Arsenal.
“I think the best championships are La Liga, the Premier League and Bundesliga, which has grown much in recent years.
“But I also really like Serie A and have many friends in Italy.”
He added: “My £34million buy-out clause seems a huge amount.
“In one year my value has exploded. I did not expect to do so well.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal
- Chambers's gives first Arsenal interview