- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Arsenal transfers: Porto’s Jackson Martinez eyes London move
Arsenal transfers: Porto striker Jackson Martinez hints at a potential move to Chelsea or the Gunners in January window
The Ecuador international has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in recent weeks after scoring 12 goals in 14 appearances this season.
When I was a child I rooted for Chelsea and Arsenal
The Porto man has been touted as the answer to Chelsea’s goal-scoring woes, with Demba Ba, Samuel Eto’o and Fernando Torres failing to find their form.
And the 27-year-old forward, who has scored 38 goals in 44 appearances since moving to Porto, has talked up a potential move to English top-flight.
“Where would I like to play?” Martinez told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “When I was a child I rooted for Chelsea and Arsenal.
“I think the best championships are La Liga, the Premier League and Bundesliga, which has grown much in recent years.
“But I also really like Serie A and have many friends in Italy.”
He added: “My £34million buy-out clause seems a huge amount.
“In one year my value has exploded. I did not expect to do so well.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Özil is not getting enough praise, says Wenger
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me
- Back Man City & four more to win at 10/1!
- PHOTOS: Man Utd gear up for Burnley trip