- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Moyes won’t let Ferguson interfere at Man Utd, says Saha
Louis Saha dismisses Roy Keane's claims that Sir Alex Ferguson still having a big influence at Man Utd
Louis Saha has dismissed Roy Keane’s suggestions that Sir Alex Ferguson could still be having a major influence behind the scenes at Manchester United.
Controlling everything, I don’t think David Moyes would accept that
Keane recently claimed that Ferguson, now a United director, is still trying to exert “control and power” at the club.
But former United striker Saha insists that Moyes would not stand for such interference.
“Roy Keane has huge respect for Manchester United, but he always has had the quality of speaking his mind,” said Saha.
“I don’t think if something has been done by Sir Alex Ferguson it’s to disrupt anything, it’s to give help and advice.
“Controlling everything, I don’t think David Moyes would accept that. He likes to do things his own way, and that’s for sure that he will listen to advice but I don’t think he will let anyone else control what happens at the club.
“It is a strength having both of them [Moyes and Ferguson] there. One has freshness and the other has massive experience. Manchester United has a big, big image for English football but I really think those two can work well together.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck