- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
Harry Redknapp tips Tim Sherwood to be ‘great success’ at Tottenham
QPR manager Harry Redknapp tips Tim Sherwood to seize his big opportunity to shine as Tottenham Hotspur manager
Harry Redknapp has backed Tottenham Hotspur manager Tim Sherwood to be a “great success” at White Hart Lane.
The 44-year-old was named as Spurs manager until the end of the 2014/15 season after the north London side sacked André Villas-Boas earlier in December.
He’s got this season and next season so it’s great for him and it’s a big opportunity
Redknapp appointed Sherwood as a first-team coach at Tottenham during his stint at the club, and the current Queens Park Rangers manager expects the Spurs boss to seize his opportunity to shine.
“He’s got this season and next season so it’s great for him and it’s a big opportunity for Tim,” Redknapp told Sky Sports News.
“He knows the game, he’s a good coach, he’s his own man, he’ll do it his way and I’m sure he will do well there.
“He won’t bring players in he doesn’t want and he’ll pick the players he does want to play. No-one will influence him, he’s a strong character.
“I’m pleased that Tim has got that opportunity to go and do it at Tottenham – a young English manager getting an opportunity to manage at the top level is fantastic.
“Let’s hope he makes a great success of it and that more will follow in the future.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- VIDEO: Moyes takes ice bucket challenge
- Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Redknapp
- Pirlo rubbishes Balotelli's bad boy image
- Van Ginkel in talks with Chelsea
- Ramsey: Arsenal improve away record