- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Harry Redknapp tips Tim Sherwood to be ‘great success’ at Tottenham
QPR manager Harry Redknapp tips Tim Sherwood to seize his big opportunity to shine as Tottenham Hotspur manager
Harry Redknapp has backed Tottenham Hotspur manager Tim Sherwood to be a “great success” at White Hart Lane.
The 44-year-old was named as Spurs manager until the end of the 2014/15 season after the north London side sacked André Villas-Boas earlier in December.
He’s got this season and next season so it’s great for him and it’s a big opportunity
Redknapp appointed Sherwood as a first-team coach at Tottenham during his stint at the club, and the current Queens Park Rangers manager expects the Spurs boss to seize his opportunity to shine.
“He’s got this season and next season so it’s great for him and it’s a big opportunity for Tim,” Redknapp told Sky Sports News.
“He knows the game, he’s a good coach, he’s his own man, he’ll do it his way and I’m sure he will do well there.
“He won’t bring players in he doesn’t want and he’ll pick the players he does want to play. No-one will influence him, he’s a strong character.
“I’m pleased that Tim has got that opportunity to go and do it at Tottenham – a young English manager getting an opportunity to manage at the top level is fantastic.
“Let’s hope he makes a great success of it and that more will follow in the future.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea
- Twitter reacts as Everton sign Lukaku
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age